West Vancouver Pre Listing Home Inspections
Pre-listing Home Inspections
Having a pre-listing home inspection by a qualified home inspector before you list your home for sale can have great benefits. Eventually your buyers are going to conduct a home inspection. You may as well know what they are going to find by getting there first.
Also, having a pre-listing home inspection performed ahead of time helps in many other ways:
- It allows you to see your home through the eyes of a critical third-party.
- It helps you to price your home realistically.
- It permits you to make repairs ahead of time so that:
- Defects won't become negotiating stumbling blocks later.
- There is no delay in obtaining the Use and Occupancy permit.
- You have the time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the repairs yourself, if qualified.
- It may encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency.
- It may alert you of items of immediate personal concern, such as safety hazards or surprise defects that need attention.
- It may relieve prospect's concerns and suspicions.
- It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
- It may alert you to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour your home.
Careful consideration of these points will help the seller see it is more of a benefit to inspect than not to inspect. More and more people are choosing to have a pre-listing home inspection in order to avoid the problems of killing the deal with surprises just before the sale goes through. This trend is becoming more popular and will increase rapidly as the marketplace feels the positive impact it is having. If you want to sell your home